1. Pull the tab on the remote to activate the battery.
2. Remove the adhesive film from the back of the wall plate.
3. Adhere the wall plate to the wall. The placement of the wall plate is permanent. Make sure you're putting it where you want it to be and use a level to make sure that it is level.
4. Ensure that each automation kit that you plan to use the smart switch for is installed and paired to the MySmartBlinds app.
5. Open the app, tap on the menu icon at the top left and select Smart Switch. Then tap the + icon (on android) or add new switch (iOS).
6. Press the two middle buttons on remote to connect the remote to the app. Red and yellow LED lights will blink once it's connected.
7. Enter a name for the smart switch and tap next.
8. Each colored light on the remote is a group that blinds can be added to. Tap the left and right arrows on the screen of the app to select the group that you'd like to add blinds to.
9. Tap edit group. Select the blinds that you'd like to add to the group. It be all the blinds in a single room, specific blinds in a room, or separate blinds from multiple rooms. Each group can have up to 8 blinds.
10. Tap smart positions to edit the default top and bottom positions for each group. Those will be the positions that the blinds first move to when you hit the top and bottom buttons on the remote.
11. Tap save when you have finished configuring your smart switch.