When should I factory reset my blinds?
You should only perform a factory reset on your blinds if you're having trouble pairing your blinds to the app. This may be necessary if a blind is deleted from your app without the phone being within Bluetooth range or if you're trying to switch your blinds to a different account on the MySmartBlinds app. If you try to pair the blind again to your phone and it is unable to connect to the app, this is when you'll want to try a factory reset.
How do I factory reset my blinds?
The process for the factory reset is more complex than holding a button down or turning the battery off and on, so you'll want to read these instructions carefully before attempting the reset.
Before proceeding with the factory reset, check the "All Blinds" section to make sure that the blinds don't show up there. If they do show up in that section, you should be able to add the blinds to one of your rooms without doing a factory reset. You'll simply go to the room in the app where you want to add the blind, hit "Add Existing Blind" and select that blind.
If you're still unable to add the blind or are having a different issue that requires the factory reset, delete the blind from the "All Blinds" section.
If it does not show up in the All Blinds section, continue with the factory reset.
1. Turn off the battery (this step and the ones that follow will require physical access to the automation hardware, so you'll most likely need to take the blind down).
2. Pull and hold down the hook on the manual switch. Typically you should feel a "click" once you've pulled down far enough on the hook. Once you've reached that "click", keep the hook held at that position.
3. While still holding on to the hook of the manual switch, turn the battery back on (if your grip on the hook slips or you lose your grip, you'll have to go back to step 2).
4. When you first turn on the battery, you'll notice a blue and green LED light. Pay attention to the green light (you're still holding that hook). The green light should stay solid for a few seconds before it starts to blink on and off.
5. As soon as the green light starts to blink on and off, let go of the hook.
6. The green light should then blink very rapidly for a moment and then turn off entirely. If this does not happen, it is most likely because the hook was not held down far enough for the duration of the process; try again from step 2.
What do I do now?
Once you've successfully factory reset your blinds, you're ready to pair the blinds to the MySmartBlinds app again. If you're having continual difficulty with the factory reset process, or are still having trouble pairing your blinds to the app after the factory reset, you can receive further assistance by clicking the blue Support button at the bottom right of the page.